Warehouse / Distribution
How warehouses and distribution centers maintain temperatures.
With very high ceilings and vast storage areas that are ever changing due to stock and materials movement, distribution and warehouse centers face ongoing temperature control battles:
- Winter – Achieving even heat distribution throughout all levels of the structure
- Summer – With or without air-conditioning, adequate ventilation and cooling is often troubling issue
MacroAir’s 6ixBlade™ warehouse ceiling fans can solve all these problems efficiently and cost-effectively.
Benefits of using MacroAir HVLS warehouse ceiling fans:
- Reduced temperature – When used as a stand-alone cooling system, 6ixBlade HVLS fans can reduce the temperature to yield effective cooling of up to 8° F less within the fan’s coverage area (up to 20,000 square feet per 24′² fan).
- Increased efficiency – When used in conjunction with an air conditioning system, a 6ixBlade fan’s slow and steady airflow can reduce or eliminate the need for costly and efficiency-reducing A/C ductwork.
- Lower heating costs – During heating seasons, MacroAir’s HVLS fan technology de-stratifies uneven temperatures that occur at each level throughout the facility forcing unused heated air from the ceiling down to floor where it can have a positive impact on employees. This heat differential can be in excess of 15° F from ceiling to floor, providing significant cost savings when thermostat levels are reduced.
- Low energy costs – One MacroAir 6ixBlade HVLS fan consumes about the same electricity as one high-speed alley fan while moving over 12 times the amount of air. One AirVolution™ fan costs about a nickel an hour to operate.
- Quiet operation – 6ixBlade HVLS fans deliver quiet and non-disruptive operation.
- Increased cooling effect
When it’s hot in facilities without A/C, the slowly moving air created by MacroAir’s 6ixBlade HVLS warehouse fans breaks up the moisture-saturated boundary layer surrounding the body, accelerating evaporation to produce a cooling effect of as much as 8˚F. When used in conjunction with air conditioning or evaporative cooling systems, our 6ixBlade HVLS warehouse fans can efficiently circulate cooled air throughout the structure and have an increased cooling effect.
- Improved heating effects during winter
During the cold months the basic problem is temperature stratification. As heated air rises, it gets caught at the ceiling. This hot air can typically yield well in excess of a 15° F differential from that found on the floor. MacroAir HVLS warehouse fans run in reverse (a standard feature from MacroAir) circulates this trapped heat, continually forcing it down throughout the facility, providing even distribution of heat from floor to ceiling, especially important when employees are working on different levels.
Our studies found that MacroAir HVLS warehouse fans can reduce the difference in these temperatures to within 1° -3° F. In a situation where the difference was 15° F (without a fan), the rise in temperature (with a warehouse fan) on the floor would be 5° -7° F. Furthermore, because the warehouse fans would be running in reverse for the winter, there’s never a chilling breeze and air movement is almost imperceptible. The warm air moves slowly off the walls toward the center of the hanging warehouse ceiling fan.
MacroAir industrial ceiling fans also provide superior ventilation capabilities. They continuously mix incoming fresh air with stale air, thus minimizing the total amount of ventilation required to achieve adequate air quality. No other warehouse fan, system, or ventilation technology does this better.
Heat in cold rooms, whether the temperature is low or medium, stratifies just as it does in open un-conditioned areas. MacroAir warehouse fans can circulate the cooled air and balance the temperatures from floor to ceiling. In regions of the country where average energy rates are calculated and applied to the next period based on peak demand hours, the cost savings can be significant.